We expected a high increase in traffic volume this weekend and in the following weeks
June 3, 2022
Please plan enough time for your travel to the airport, the parking, and the procedures at the airport.
Kindly follow these recommendations:
- Come early enough, ready to start with check-in 2 hours before your flight.
- Even if you have no check-in baggage, come 2 hrs earlier and proceed directly with the security check.
- Previous night check-in is strongly advised: from 19:30 to 22:30 for Luxair flights departing the next day between 06:00 and 09:00
- Use web check-in if possible.
- Pre-Book your parking space in advance at www.airportparking.lu, if you have no reservation, we cannot guarantee that you will find a free parking space.
- In addition to the check-in and security check, plan enough extra time to find a free parking space if you come without a parking reservation.
- Prepare the security control: Liquids in one 1l transparent bag (max 100ml per product) – any electronic devices and cable in carry-one will have to go on a tray – belt, gloves, scarf, coat, etc. You get more details here: www.lux-airport.lu/passengers-visitors/at-the-airport/customs-security-measures/
- Furthermore, we highly recommend reducing hand luggage to the absolute minimum, preferably one piece per person.
- Covid restrictions and requirements quickly evolve and are subject to change: contact your airline for updated information.
Please be aware that there will be more queuing and longer waiting times than in the past. By arriving late and last minute, you risk missing your flight.
The airport, the airlines, and partners do everything to speed up processes and provide you with a good experience. However, we deal with specific travel peaks like the other European airports.
Being well prepared, informed, and on time is the key to starting this year’s holiday! Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. We wish you a pleasant flight.
Where does the passenger get the information about the entry requirements ?
The entry requirements as well as the documents they need for their journey are announced by the airline on its website, but also in the email it sends a few days before their departure. Luxair publishes on its website www.luxair.lu the latest entry requirements for the destinations it serves.