It’s summertime again, and we are happy to welcome you back to the airport to start your holidays.
Starting well prepared for the holidays is nowadays more important than ever.
We recommend to you the following when traveling from Luxembourg airport:
- Stay informed about the travel regulations and entry requirements of your destination. Remember to check the entry regulations when returning to Luxembourg.
- If a COVID test is required for your trip, check carefully if you need a PCR test or an antigen-rapid test. Only official test results with valid official documentation are accepted for travel. Please be prepared to present the required COVID-19 test or vaccination certificates at the check-in. Airlines could deny boarding if your travel or COVID documents do not meet the required standards. You can book an appointment at the airport COVID-19 test station. Reserve your slot in time here.
- If you fly with Luxair, you can profit from a free-of-charge, previous night check-in for all next-day departures between 6:00 and 9:00 am. Just come to the airport the night before between 7:30 and 10:30 pm and drop off your luggage.
- Plan some extra time at the airport, as there will be additional waiting times due to the adapted COVID procedures. We recommend coming not later than 2 hours before your flight to the airport and proceeding after check-in directly to the security gate (they are at the right and left side of the check-in counters). You can save time if you reserve your parking slot at home by using our pre-booking at airportparking.lu
- Prepare yourself well for the security check. Ensure to pack your hand luggage according to security rules, and pay attention to the limited quantity allowed for liquids, aerosols and Gels (LAG). You can find more information here: Liquids, Aerosols and Gels in Hand Luggage.
We have brought our tips together once again in the following video:
Other useful links:
1. COVID-19 tests at the airport: https://www.lux-airport.lu/testing/
2. Official lux-Airport car park: https://www.airportparking.lu/
3. COVID-19 information from lux-airport: https://www.lux-airport.lu/covid19/
4. COVID-19 information from the government: https://covid19.public.lu/en/travellers/visiting-luxembourg.html
5. Entry regulations provided by Luxair: https://www.luxair.lu/en/offers/entry-regulations-and-flight-program