Hélène Abraham, Marketing and Product Manager at HOP! Air France, presented the results of the Luxembourg-Lyon route launched last February.
Growing offer, improved results in 2016
Between the end of February and end of September 2016, more than 23,000 passengers traveled on the Lyon route, operated with a 48-seat ATR 42 plane, with an average seat load factor of 56%.
With more flights taking off early in the morning from Luxembourg, it is now possible to go to all the cities served by HOP! Air France beyond Lyon.
With its 30 destinations, the Lyon hub offers many connection possibilities throughout France and near Europe:
- Biarritz, Bordeaux, Brest, Clermont-Ferrand, Caen, Lille, La Rochelle, Metz-Nancy-Lorraine, Marseille, Montpellier, Nantes, Nice, Paris, Pau, Rennes, Strasbourg, Toulon, Toulouse, Bologna, Brussels, Florence, Gothenburg, Luxembourg, Milan Malpensa, Prague, Rome, Venice.
Two thirds of the passengers on the route continue beyond Lyon, mainly to Toulouse, Nice, Marseille and Biarritz.
The success of the route is explained primarily by the flight schedules designed for day return travel to Lyon and to such cities as Biarritz, Bordeaux, Brest, Marseille, Nantes, Nice, Pau, Rennes and Toulouse.
The airline offers through fares from Luxembourg with Air France flight numbers, including baggage check-in.
Hélène Abraham: “These initial results are very encouraging and we are delighted with the success of the Luxembourg-Lyon route which enables us to link Findel with France throughout the year through our hub in Lyon. We have in particular adjusted the schedules of our flights to enable our Luxembourgish customers to fly day return to several cities in France.”
Johan Vanneste, General Manager of lux-Airport, added: “I am delighted with the initial results of this route to Lyon. A large part of France was not covered by our route network, but thanks to Hop! Air France, several cities in France are now accessible through the many connections in Lyon. The large number of passengers who have already tried this route attests to a real need for these destinations in the Luxembourgish market.”
Luxembourg-Lyon flight schedule:
|No de vol||Heure Départ||Heure Arrivée||1||2||3||4||5||6||7|
|Luxembourg – Lyon||AF 4989 ou A5 4321||06:40||08:00||*||*||*||*||*|
|Luxembourg – Lyon||AF 4989 ou A5 4321||07:25||08:45||*|
|Lyon – Luxembourg||AF 4991 ou A5 4328||20:05||21:25||*||*||*||*||*||*|
HOP! Air France in figures
- 600 flights daily to 50 stopovers
- Some one hundred 48- to 212-seat planes
- 13 million passengers a year
- More than 130 routes in the summer of 2016
- 5 shuttles from Paris-Orly: Bordeaux, Marseille, Montpellier, Nice and Toulouse
- 2 main hubs in France: Lyon (30 lines) and Paris-Orly (26 lines)
- More than 8,500 employees in the service of customers on the ground and in the air
Customers can book their tickets on the websites www.hop.fr and www.airfrance.fr, call the HOP! call centre at +0892 70 22 22**, or the Air France call centre at 3654***, or go to an Air France point of sale or a travel agency.
* Price subject to conditions and availability.Ticket not reimbursable. For details, go to www.hop.fr
** Service: €0.35/minute + price of a call. Opening hours: seven days a week, year round, 6:30 AM to 9:00 PM, Monday to Friday, 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM on Saturday, and 9:30 AM to 8:00 PM on Sunday.
*** Service: €0.35 / minute + price of a call. Seven days a week, year round, 6:30 AM to 10:00 PM.