Frequently Asked Questions
Click below for responses to frequently asked questions. Contact Lux Airport for additional information.
- Are there any restrictions on the type of vehicle that can be parked in the lux Airport car park?
The height clearance of the underground car park is 2.20 m.
If you are driving a camper van, we kindly ask you to use the outdoor car parks F or G.
You can access them by taking the co-generation plant exit at the roundabout leading to the airport. The car park is on your right.
Click here to view Luxembourg Airports parking rates.
Luxembourg airport does not have a closed parking facility exclusively for motorcycles.
Nevertheless, you can leave your motorcycle in the underground car park, on Level -1. Parking space is subject to availability. To enter the parking facility, all you have to do is stand in the middle, in front of the car park barrier. withdraw your ticket and wait for the green button on the terminal to flash. Should you have any problems, kindly call the parking checkout from the terminal.
We regret to inform you that for security reasons, access to the underground car park with an LPG vehicle is prohibited. We kindly ask you to use the outdoor car parks E, F, G or M.
Click here to view parking rates.
- Is it safe/ recommended to leave my car in the carpark while I’m away?
The car parks are not under surveillance at all times, but they are equipped with cameras for remote viewing both day and night. The car parks are laid out especially so that airport customers can park under optimal conditions of security. We must point out, however, that lux-Airport cannot be held liable in case of theft, vandalism or any other act that could cause damage to other cars.
- What are the prices for using the carpark?
You can find all the information you need concerning parking prices here.
- How long can I keep my car parked in the carpark?
The maximum time limit for parking a vehicle at Luxembourg Airport is 6 months.
Should a customer exceed this time limit, their vehicle will be considered abandoned (conforming to article 10 of the modified law of 14 April 1955). Legal proceedings will be initiated to dispose of this vehicle. Handling fees will be chargeable to the owner of the vehicle in addition to outstanding parking fees.
- What should I do if my car doesn’t start on my return?
You can go to the parking desk at level -1 or call 00352 24 64 39 00
- Can I check parking availability prior to my arrival at the airport?
Not yet but we are working on this. This feature will be available on our website shortly.
- Can I book a parking space in advance?
Not yet, but we are working on this. This feature will be available on our website shortly.
- Who can I contact to make a complaint?
Kindly send your complaint via email or fill out a form at the lux-Airport InfoDesk located in front of the airport check-in counters.
- What happens if I lose my ticket?
A fee for lost parking tickets applies. The amount to be paid is calculated on the duration of your stay. If this can’t be determined, a flat rate will be charged.
- Is there any free parking available in the area or surrounding the airport?
Unfortunately, there is no free parking at the airport however parking fees start from as little as €5 / day (parking M). Click here to view all parking rates.
- Can I carry cough medicine or nose spray in my hand luggage?
Yes, provided that these medicinal products do not exceed 100ml. They will have to be shown at lux Airport’s security check points for additional inspection prior to departure.
Solid or liquid medicinal products required for travel are allowed in the cabin without a prescription.
Should the item exceed 100 ml and not comply with the regulations, it will be refused. In such a case, a prescription could facilitate the final decision of the authorities.
- Can I carry my medication in my hand luggage?
Yes, provided that these medicinal products do not exceed 100ml. They will have to be shown at lux Airport’s security check points for additional inspection prior departure.
Solid or liquid medicinal products required for travel are allowed in the cabin without a prescription.
Should the item exceed 100 ml and not comply with the regulation, it will be refused. In such a case, a prescription could facilitate the final decision of the authorities.
- Can I carry food through security?
Dry cakes and sandwiches (except for pâté or foie gras, for instance) are allowed through security. Other foodstuffs such as liquids (drinks, soups, syrups), foodstuffs of a similar consistency (cheese, flans, creamy or gelatinous cakes, chocolates, etc.), pressurized containers, pastes (toothpaste, cheese, pâté, foie gras…), and gels (hair gel, shower gel, etc.) are prohibited from hand luggage. You are therefore advised to check them in as checked-in baggage.
- Can I carry bottles of water through security?
Yes, you are allowed to take bottles of water in your hand luggage, provided that the liquid does not exceed 100 millilitres or equivalent. The water must beplaced in a sealable, transparent plastic bag with a capacity not exceeding 1 litre.
- Can I carry baby food and milk through security?
Yes, according to the European legislation, milk and baby food are authorised for people travelling with their children, in the quantities required during the trip. You will be requested to present the food to the officials when passing through security before you board.
Otherwise, you are requested to put it in your checked-in baggage.
- What is the limit of liquid that can be carried in my hand luggage?
Any liquids, aerosols and gels* carried in hand luggage must not exceed 100ml and must be placed and fit easily into a single transparent sealable plastic bag that has a capacity of no greater than 1 litre. The bag must be completely sealed.
These items must be taken out of hand luggage and shown to security staff whilst you are passing through the security check.
* Liquids, aerosols and gels include pastes, lotions, liquid/solid mixtures and the content of pressurised containers such as toothpaste, hair gel, drinks, perfumes, shaving foam, and other articles of similar consistency.
- Can I carry liquids purchased from Luxembourg Airport shopping area on board the aircraft?
Yes you can. The staff at lux Airport will provide you with a suitable sealed bag.
- Is there any chance of getting my item back after it being confiscated at security?
No, unfortunately there is no possibility of getting a confiscated item back. However, the security staff will always offer you three possibilities:
- abandon the item;
- go back to your car and leave it there;
- check the item into your checked-in luggage.
- Can I carry electronics through airport security?
Yes you can. During security check, laptops, tablets, cables, and other large electrical items must be removed from hand luggage and screened separately.
- Can I carry e-cigarettes through airport security?
Kindly contact your airline to enquire whether e-cigarettes are allowed on your flight.
Getting to/from Luxembourg Airport
- How far is lux Airport from the city centre?
Luxembourg Central Train Station is 10 kilometres away from the airport.
- How do I get from Luxembourg Airport to the city centre?
There are different ways to go to the city centre:
Three lines (117, 16 and 29) can take you to the city centre every 10 to 15 minutes. These buses pass by the Luxembourg Central Train Station, which is 10 kilometres from the airport. A short-term bus ticket costs €2.
For more details on the schedules of these three lines, visit the Luxembourg public transport website.
You can also take a taxi to the city centre. www.infotaxi.lu
Click here for more information on how to get to and from Luxembourg Airport.
- Where can I find the taxi stands at Luxembourg Airport?
Click here for information regarding taxis.
- What is the average taxi fare to and from the airport?
Click here to view the taxi fares to and from the airport.
- What is the closest train station to Luxembourg Airport?
The closest train station is the Luxembourg Central Train Station which is 10 kilometres from the airport.
About the Airport
- What are Luxembourg Airports opening hours?
Luxembourg airport is open daily from 4:00 AM to midnight.
- Who can I contact if I lose something at Luxembourg airport?
For lost items kindly contact the Grand Ducal Police at the airport on +352 2440 8901.
For items left on the plane, kindly email or call +352 2456 5003.
- Is there a left luggage facility at Luxembourg Airport?
We regret to inform you that for security reasons, there is no left-luggage service at the Airport.
Nevertheless, we can suggest the Luxembourg Central Train Station, which provides such service against payment.
For more information, kindly contact CFL [Luxembourgish Rail] on (+352) 24 89 24 89 or visit their website.
- Is there a currency exchange bureau at Luxembourg Airport?
Yes, there is an exchange bureau at the airport. The “Banque SAFRA” exchange office at Luxembourg airport is open from Monday to Friday from: 08: 30 – 13: 00 and from 13: 30-17: 00. The office is closed on Saturday and Sunday. You can contact Banque the exchange office at Luxembourg airport at the following number: (+352) 26 00 82 33.
Click here to view the airport map.
- Where can I shop at Luxembourg Airport?
Click here to find all information concerning lux-Airport shops.
- Is there free Wi-Fi at Luxembourg Airport?
Yes, there is a free unlimited Wi-Fi at the airport.
- Where is the lounge located at Luxembourg Airport?
The lounge is located just after the security checks. Please find an airport map here
- Are there printing facilities at Luxembourg airport?
No, there is no printing facility at the airport.
- Are pets allowed at Luxembourg Airport?
Pets are only allowed in the public area.
- Where is the information desk at the airport?
The information desk is located just in front of the check-in counters. Please follow the airport map for more information: http://www.lux-airport.lu/passengers-visitors/at-the-airport/explore-the-airport/
- Is there a luggage wrapping facility at lux-Airport?
No, there is no luggage wrapping facility at the airport.
- Are there shower facilities at Luxembourg Airport?
No, there are no shower facilities at the airport.
- Is there a church or chapel at the airport?
No, there is no church or chapel at the airport.
- Is there a prayer room at the airport?
No, there is no prayer room at the airport.
- Are there computers available for use at Lux Airport?
No, there are no computers available at the airport but there is a free unlimited Wi-Fi available for your disposal.
- Are there meeting rooms available for hire at lux-Airport?
Yes, there is a Regus Express Network. All the information you need can be found here: http://www.lux-airport.lu/corporate/services-and-facilities/meeting-rooms/
- What travel documents do I need to travel?
Please find all the information you need regarding travel documents here: http://www.lux-airport.lu/passengers-visitors/at-the-airport/check-in-luxembourg-airport/
- How can I book wheelchair assistance?
Please find all the information you need regarding wheelchair assistance here :
- Is transport to and from the airport available for passengers with reduced mobility?
Yes, it is. Kindly find the relevant information here: http://www.lux-airport.lu/passengers-visitors/plan-your-trip/passengers-with-reduced-mobility/
- How much hand luggage and checked-in baggage can I carry on my flight?
Click here for more information on hand luggage and checked-in baggage allowance
- Can I bring my pet on a flight?
Please contact your airline for any information about flying with your pet.
- Where can I drop off or pick up a passenger at the airport?
The short term parking C is located at the entrance of the terminal and is reserved exclusively for short-term parking. It is ideally suitable for people who come to pick up or drop off passengers. The first 15 minutes of parking are free.
- Can I hire a car from Luxembourg Airport?
Yes, you can. Please find all the information you need regarding car hire here:
- Where can I find information about my flight?
There are many information screens available throughout the airport. Alternatively, you can view your flight information here: http://www.lux-airport.lu/